(#17) (#16) (#15) (#14) (#13) (#12) (#11) (#10) (#9) (#8) (#7) (#6) (#5) (#4) (#3) (#2) (#1)
ISA President Fernando Aguerre met in Lausanne, Switzerland, with the highest authority of the Sports World, Mr. Jacques Rogge, International Olympic Committee (IOC) President. Also in attendance was IOC Sports Director, Mr. Christophe Dubi. Surfing chances for Olympic Games inclusion was part of the agenda.
The Brazilian Team is the big winner getting three out of four gold medals at South American Beach Games
South American Beach Games
December 9 to 13, 2009
Montoya, Punta del Este, Uruguay
The history-making 1st edition of the South American Beach Games was a huge success. Surfing was part of the Sports Program for the second time in a row, and the great waves and high surfing level showed the world that is possible to have Surfing in an Olympic Movement recognized event.
Junior teams from all over the world are getting ready for the biggest Under 18 surfing event in the world
Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
January 20-28, 2010
Piha Beach, New Zealand
The surfing world is getting ready for its greatest Under 18 surfing event, the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship that will be held in Piha Beach, New Zealand, January 20-28. The best junior surfers from over 20 countries will be competing for the medals and the honor of defending their nations´ colors.
- On the Pro Road
- Volunteers Wanted
- SNZ AGM
- NZ Junior Team Camp
- Environmental Policy
- Awards Time
- Surfing Australia is pleased to announce the 2010 TravelSIM Australian Junior Surf Team
- Nikita Robb and Rosanne Hodge Qualify for 2010 Women’s World Tour
- Heather Clark Injured in Car Accident
- South African Masters Surfing Team Visits Namibia
- Tension until the last heat!
- Season Wrap-Up
- British Junior Team Profiles
- Support the British Junior Surf Team with a Limited Edition GB Team T-Shirt!
- British Kneeboard Surfing Nationals 2009
- Irish Surfing Association Calendar of Events 2010
- New Format for Irish Nationals
- Julián Cuello wins the National Championship
- Guillermo Cobos – Spain’s Bodyboarding Champion
- Celebrating the Bronze
- The 1st Edition of the South American Beach Games Surfed in Uruguay
- Julián Pérez is the New National Champion; Luis Iturria Wins the Quiksilver Pro
- Peru Wins Three Medals in the Pan American Surfing Games and Three in the South American Beach Games
- Diego Medina is the 2009 Chilean Champion
- Inilek Wilmot Declared 2009 National Surf Champion
- Jamaican Shane Simmonds Declared 2009 Caribbean Junior Pro Surf Champion
- Jair Pérez Wins the First Stage of the DayStar 2009-2010 National Surfing Tour
- Surfing America Announces Traveling Pacsun USA Surf Team for the 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship in New Zealand
- Surfing America's Got Milk?
- Surfing American Teams Up With Gidget Worldwide to Support Youth Surfing
- Huntington Beach Pier to Host 2010 Kneeboard Surfing USA Titles Jan. 29 and 30
- Adán Hernández Wins the Evencio García 2009
- Save The Waves Releases “Surfonomics” Study on Mavericks
- A New National Surfing Reserve
- Help Surfrider Spread the Word About Clean Water
- SurfAid Teams Up with RRI Radio
- A Community Celebrates Life and the Future
- SurfAid Delivers School Tents to Siberut
|About the program
The ISA to proud to award academic surf scholarships to U18 junior surfers. The Individual Scholarship Program's main objective is to provide financial support to junior surfers who demonstrate an actual need, in order to facilitate an experience in surfing while encouraging the importance of education.
The money must be used to travel to surf contests, and/or upgrade their surfing equipment and to foster the junior surfer’s education.
Click here for more information
For the fifth year in a row, Johnny Hicks will defend his country's colors in the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship. After competing all over the world in this event, this January, the man from Gisborne will have the chance to do it at home in front of his friends and family.