(#17) (#16) (#15) (#14) (#13) (#12) (#11) (#10) (#9) (#8) (#7) (#6) (#5) (#4) (#3) (#2) (#1)
La Jolla, California, February 8, 2010
The International Surfing Association (ISA) President, Fernando Aguerre, today announced that Bob Mignogna will be joining the ISA Staff in the newly created position of Director General on March 1st, 2010. Mignogna is the former VP of Operations for ASG’s publications (Surfing, Surfer, Skateboarder, Snowboarder) and one of the founding advisors of the Surf Industry Manufacturer’s Association, SIMA. Since 2003, he has built a successful strategic planning consulting business concentrating within the surf and skate industries.
The perfect waves of Señoritas and Caballeros will see over 200 surfers as members of their National Surfing Teams compete for medals in one of the world’s greatest surfing events
Billabong ISA World Surfing Games
Punta Hermosa, Lima, Peru
21 – 29, October 2010
It’s official, the 2010 Billabong ISA World Surfing Games will be held in the perfect waves of Señoritas and Caballeros, Punta Hermosa, Peru, from October 21 until the 29, 2010.
Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
Press release sent on January 28, 2010
Piha Beach, New Zealand
Team Australia continued its dominance of the junior surfing scene, winning the 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship for a fifth consecutive year in New Zealand today.
In dramatic fashion, wins to Lennox Head’s Tyler Wright and Port Macquarie’s Matt Banting lifted Team Australia into the top spot.
Piha Beach, New Zealand
Press release sent on January 27, 2010
The International Surfing Association announced the recipients of the 2010 ISA Individual Scholarship Program during the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship in New Zealand.
The ISA Scholarship Program has consistently grown since it first started in 2007 due to the generous funding from Billabong, The Quiksilver Foundation and Reef Redemption, and the continued support from ISA member nations.
11 February, 2010
La Jolla, California
The International Surfing Association (ISA) is still accepting bids for the inaugural 2010 ISA World Stand Up Paddleboard Surfing Championship. Several ISA members and independent promoters have shown an interest in hosting this event. The bidding will close on 28 February, 2010.
11 February, 2010
La Jolla, California
The International Surfing Association (ISA) is still accepting bids for the 2011 ISA World Bodyboard Championship (WBBC). Several ISA members and independent promoters have shown an interest in hosting this event. The bidding will close on 28 February, 2010.
- Two Teenage World Champions to Contest Roxy Pro Trials
- Surfing Australia and Suncorp Launched a New Partnership Aimed at Spreading Sunwise Message
- Camp Coastalwatch Throws a Wave of Support to Developing Surfers
- Fiji competes for the first time at the 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
- Indonesia Competes at the 2010 Quiksilver ISA WJSC for the First Time
- 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
- Important happenings
- Upcoming events
- Cape Town surfer Chris Bertish Wins 2009/2010 Mavericks Surf Contest
- Team SA Places Fourth Overall with Four Medal Haul at Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship in New Zealand
- Dylan Lightfoot Surfs to Victory in New Zealand Event
- Irish Team Getting Ready for the 2010 Billabong ISA World Surfing Games
- Irish Team for the European Junior Surfing Championship
- Irish Surfing Association Calendar of Events 2010
- Women’s Open Uribe Kosta
- Edouard Delpero wins Open Pro Junior Cantabria Infinita
- Reflections after returning from the 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship in New Zealand
- 2010 Quiksilver ISA WJSC - GB Team places 11th
- Other Good News - ISA Scholarship
- British Longboard Championships - provisional dates announced
- FPS Extreme Wave I – Portuguese Surfing Federation creates the first Big Wave event in the country – Happening Now
- Australia wins and Portugal places 8th at the 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
- 2010 Quiksilver ISA WJSC - Argentina finishes in 13th place, improving by two places in the world ranking
- Two Argentineans obtained ISA scholarships
- Leandro Usuna won the Pura Vida Surfing Festival
- Save San Mateo!
- San José 2010 Tube Riding Invitational Championship
- Billabong Reñaca Pro 2010 – 4th Event of the National Tour
- Billabong Serena Classic – 3rd Event of the National Tour
- Maitencillo Pro – 2nd Event of the National Tour
- Pichilemu International – 1st Event of the National Tour
- Jamaica Takes Four of Top Eight Spots in 2009 Caribbean Waterman Challenge
- Armani Green and Ronald Hastings win 2010 Individual ISA Scholarships
- 2009 Surfing Champions’ Dinner
- Leo Alcántara and Pascual Silverio Conquer the 2010 Surf Festival in Puerto del Plata
- Junior Gomez is the 2009 Athlete of the Year
- Carlos Muñoz and Ronald Brown said farewell to Hawaii
- Jason Torres wins 6-Star Reef Classic in Argentina
- Verizon Wireless Hawaii Junior World Surf Team Performance in the 2010 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
- Mexico at the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
- Official 2010 Mexican Surfing Federation Calendar
- II Quimixto Jalisco
- Mexico Certifies ISA-recognized Judges
- Mexicans in the Todos Santos Big Wave Event
- Pure Bodyboard
- Dr. Joel Steinman unveils his brand new book
- California Resolution Approved
- World Surfing Reserves Update
- SurfAid's 10 Year Anniversary
- Swim 4 Humanity: Coming Soon
- Surfrider Foundation Teams Up with FilterForGood
|About the program
The ISA to proud to award academic surf scholarships to U18 junior surfers. The Individual Scholarship Program's main objective is to provide financial support to junior surfers who demonstrate an actual need, in order to facilitate an experience in surfing while encouraging the importance of education.
The money must be used to travel to surf contests, and/or upgrade their surfing equipment and to foster the junior surfer’s education.
Click here for more information
Gabriel Medina was born on December 22nd, 1993 in Maresias, Sao Paulo, Brazil. He started surfing only six years ago and during that time he achieved more than 99% of all of the surfers alive.
He just won the gold medal in the Under 18 Boys division of the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship held in New Zealand in January. Before that...