(#33) (#32) (#31) (#30) (#29) (#28) (#27) (#26) (#25) (#24) (#23) (#22) (#21) (#20) (#19) (#18)
(#17) (#16) (#15) (#14) (#13) (#12) (#11) (#10) (#9) (#8) (#7) (#6) (#5) (#4) (#3) (#2) (#1)
2010 ISA World Masters Surfing Championship
Santa Catalina, Panama
August 29 – September 5
The venue for the planet’s greatest event in Masters Surfing, the ISA World Masters Surfing Championship (WMSC) has been named. The perfect waves of Santa Catalina, on the north Pacific coast of Panama will see the best over 35 year-old surfers from all over the world from August 29 to September 5.
Surfing was up right at the beginning of the eighth edition of SportAccord International Convention with International Surfing Association (ISA) President, Fernando Aguerre, starting his trip to Dubai by participating as guest VIP in the Opening Ceremony and competitor in the Surf Dubai Kandora SUP Challenge held on the Dubai's "Sunset Beach."
Dubai Surfing Club, recently recognized as a member of the ISA, organized the first ever SUP Surfing competition ever held in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates just one day before the start of the international sports federations´ biggest gathering, the SportAccord Convention. Aguerre, who recently took up Stand Up Paddling, took part in the competition. The ISA President said: "This was a fantastic event put on by the team of the Dubai Surfing Club. I gladly accepted their invitation to be a part of this cultural and entertaining surf challenge."
- Rip Curl Grom Search Series
- Summer TV Campaign Wraps Up
- Surf School 6 month Membership Available
- New SUP Accreditation Released
- Junior Surfing on the Horizon
- Surfing China Festival
- Paige Hareb
- Export Gold Super 16
- ISA / SNZ Level One Coaching Course
- NZ Surf Magazines Released
- SNZ Board Meeting
- Follow Us
- Mai TV Cloudbreak OPEN
- Bianca Buitendag wins Billabong Pro Junior Women’s title and Dale Staples clinches Billabong Pro Junior title in countback, in epic conditions on Dolphin Coast
- South African Grant “Twiggy” Baker wins Ride of the Year Award
- BSA Election Procedures for May - July 2010
- Coaching and Development Roadshow by Surf Life Saving Great Britain (SLSGB)
- BSA to attend Paddle around the Pier
- Quiksilver King Of the Groms Newquay - Open for Entries
- SUP - Paddle the Channel appeal
- Event 2 of the Auto-Sleepers British Bodyboard Tour announced
- Join the wave of hundreds of women taking to the beach
- Peruvian Surfing being developed in Trujillo
- National Ranking Analysis
- Miguel Tudela wins another IPD Cup event
- Sports Management Course in Mar del Plata
- Vans Expression Session
- Manuel Selman and Guillermo Satt Lead Successful Campaign in Brazil
- Ramon Navarro second in the XXL
- Colombian Presence is Felt in ALAS Latin Tour
- Venezuela Sweeps Latin Surfing Awards
- Panama Reef Classic 2010: Venezuelans Bring 4 Medals Home
- Shalom Surf Cup “Say No to Drugs” Concludes with Resounding Success
- Overwhelming Success of the First National Grand Championship ONA Cup
- No Rivals for Venezuelans in “The Surfing T&T International Surf Festival”
- Iturria Wins at La Pedrera and Grabs Rating´s Lead
- Giannio Ferrandino wins Palo Seco and is the Favorite to Seize title
- Jason Torres and Lisbeth Vindas Champions of the 6-Star Reef Classic in Panama
- Luis Vindas wins Quiksilver Cup again
- Venezuelan Surfers Dominate the Surfing T&T International Surf Festival 2010
- Jamaicans Make Money Rounds at Regional Pro Event
- Corona Cup Championship at Arroyo Seco, La Huerta, State of Jalisco
- Americas Cup – International Surfing Tour
- Coco Nogales 2010 Surf Challenge for future stars
- National Surfing Championship, Surf and Music Festival
- Billabong Surfing America Prime presented by Got Milk?
- SAVE THE WAVES MAINTAINS EFFORT IN CHILE
- SAVE THE WAVES PRESENTS LIFE IS A WAVE
- BEHIND THE PALMS
- SURFAID PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAM ON CNN
|About the program
The ISA to proud to award academic surf scholarships to U18 junior surfers. The Individual Scholarship Program's main objective is to provide financial support to junior surfers who demonstrate an actual need, in order to facilitate an experience in surfing while encouraging the importance of education.
The money must be used to travel to surf contests, and/or upgrade their surfing equipment and to foster the junior surfer’s education.
Click here for more information
With Peru as the host nation of the upcoming Billabong ISA World Surfing Games, World Surfing News has decided to feature again the country’s most representative international athlete as an ISA Star. The Peruvian Surfing Queen and one of the most inspirational surfers in the history of the sport: Sofía Mulanovich.
Even knowing that Team Peru is not defined yet, it is safe to say that Sofía´s going to be defending at home the colors of her country in the Billabong ISA World Surfing Games, that will be held right in front of her house in Señoritas.
Meet Sofía Mulanovich, the girl that dreamed, went for it and made it.