(#45) (#44) (#43) (#42) (#41) (#40) (#39) (#38) (#37) (#36) (#35) (#34)
(#33) (#32) (#31) (#30) (#29) (#28) (#27) (#26) (#25) (#24) (#23) (#22) (#21) (#20) (#19) (#18)
(#17) (#16) (#15) (#14) (#13) (#12) (#11) (#10) (#9) (#8) (#7) (#6) (#5) (#4) (#3) (#2) (#1)
La Jolla, California, August 11, 2011- The second edition of the South American Beach Games, organized by the South American Sports Organization (ODESUR), will take place in the city of Manta, Ecuador from December 2 to 11. Surfing will once again be part of the sports program of the event.
Over 50 surfers from seven countries will be travelling to compete for the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. They will travel as part of their National Teams along with their fellow athletes from other disciplines, some of which are part of the Summer Olympics Games.
La Jolla, California, August 8, 2011- The International Surfing Association is proud to announce the first edition of the ISA World Standup Paddle (SUP) and Paddleboard Championship (ISA WSUPPC). The event is confirmed to take place February 6-11, 2012 on the beaches of Miraflores, home of the famous Waikiki Surf Club, the cradle of modern Peruvian Surfing.
La Jolla, California, August 3, 2011- The International Surfing Association is proud to announce that its newest Vice-President, Debbie Beacham, was inducted on Thursday, August 4, into the Surfing Walk of Fame, Huntington Beach as the 2011 Woman of the Year.
July 29, 2011, La Jolla, California - The International Surfing Association (ISA), Surfing’s World Governing Authority recognized by the International Olympic Committee, is proud to welcome Russia and Slovakia to its list of Member Nations.
The schedule for all ISA Judging and Officiating Courses
ISA Coaching & Instructing Course Schedule 2011
- Japanese Team Finished 20th At Billabong ISA World Surfing Games 2011
- 19th Junior Open Surfing Championship 2011 and 8th Masters Open Surfing Championship 2011
- Upcoming Events
- ISA Scholarship Program
- Australian Surf Festival
- Team Australia, Seniors
- ASP Australasian Champions Crowned
- Upcoming Events
- Educational News
- Humanitarian - 10x World Champion Kelly Slater Helps Out Canterbury Groms
- Buchanan’s World Title A First For New Zealand Surfing
- SNZ AGM – Board Members Wanted
- GSA Surf Invitational
- National Surfing Challenge is celebrating Women’s Day
- Slade Prestwich, Inge McLaren, Jordy Maree and Ethan Fletcher take Rip Curl Gromsearch titles at Trafalgar
- Current World Champions Chris Knutsen and Heather Clark included in SA Team for 2011 ISA World Masters Championships in El Salvador
- Border wins SA Masters Cup plus four individual titles in epic surf at Nahoon Reef
- Back to back Billabong Pro J-Bay titles for Jordy Smith
- Clover Fish Event for Portrush
- Joey Buran Proposal for Great Britain Junior Surfing
- Well Done Lewis Clinton on Placing 2nd at the ASP Europe Pro Junior Event in Sopelana, Spain
- National Team for the 2011 Eurosurf
- 4th Stop of the Under 21 Canaries Tour, Valid for the National Tour
- The Spanish Surfing Federation Mourns the Death of Mr. Porta
- Team Spain for the 2011 Eurosurf
- Guillermo Satt Wins in Arica
- National Ranking Updated After Iquique Event
- ISA Coaching & Instructing Course Level 1 and 2 in Argentina
- Master National Pre-Team Announced
- Sergio Alonso Wins the Zicatela Trials and Goes for the GSS
- Venezuela Masters Team Gets Ready for the ISA World Masters Surfing Championship
- Iturria Places Third at Arica’s WST
- Marco Giorgi Displayed Top-Notch Performances in El Salvador and Mexico
- Derek Peters Wins the Quiksilver Costa Rica Open
- Imani Wilmot is Sole Jamaican Makka Champ
- Kiron Jabour Crowned Champion of the Puerto Escondido Quiksilver Pro with Spectacular Barrels
- Reyes del Verano
- IBA Zicatela Pro 2011
- Mike Gerard Resigns as Surfing America Executive Director to Pursue New Career Opportunities
- Announcing the new SurfAid Bracelet by Pura Vida
- SurfAid Benefit Nights - Byron and Goldy
- What is Surfrider’s greatest organizational asset?
- Lessons from the music industry
- Surfonomics Study in Baja, Mexico
- Action Alert: Save Bastion Point
- Dedication Ceremony in Portugal
- Film Festival Call for Entries
From: Huanchaco, Peru
Date of birth: June 22, 1995
Juninho Urcia is a quiet, humble kid who loves surfing. He's also a person very connected to the sea; his father is a fisherman, as was his grandfather. Juninho comes from Huanchaco in the North Peruvian coast, and he is a direct descendent of the Mochicas, millenarian culture that conquered the sea with the Totora Horses - Caballitos de totora; the first surfers of the world according to various sources.
From: La Paloma, Uruguay
Date of birth: October 4, 1998
At just 12 years old, Francisco Morossini already has seven national titles and one international appearance, in the 2011 Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship.
He started surfing at age 5 and competing at just 7. Francisco won the Under 12 National Champion title three times, the Under 14 three times and the Under 16 once. "I do good in contest and in school," he says.
From: Newquay, Great Britain
Date of birth: April 6, 1995
Jaide lives in Great Britain's surf city of Newquay. She started surfing three years ago and in that time was able to reach the level of the country's best surfers.
From: Miyagi, Japan
Date of birth: August 9, 1993
Minato started surfing at the age of 8 in the waves of Sendai, "I still remember the pleasure I felt when I stood up by myself and sled on that wave," she says.
From: Cape Town, South Africa
Date of birth: July 11, 1995
Brandon started surfing at 10 after standing up on a bodyboard, he says that, "When I first touched a surfboard I fell in love with the sport and I've been pushing myself hard to improve ever since."
|About the program
The ISA to proud to award academic surf scholarships to U18 junior surfers. The Individual Scholarship Program's main objective is to provide financial support to junior surfers who demonstrate an actual need, in order to facilitate an experience in surfing while encouraging the importance of education.
The money must be used to travel to surf contests, and/or upgrade their surfing equipment and to foster the junior surfer’s education.
Click here for more information
Two thousand and eleven will be a year to remember for Brazilian Filipe Toledo. Without warning, he came and conquered the Under 16 division of the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship, and two months later he went on to win the Pro Junior division of the infamous surfing event, the US Open of Surfing.