(#45) (#44) (#43) (#42) (#41) (#40) (#39) (#38) (#37) (#36) (#35) (#34)
(#33) (#32) (#31) (#30) (#29) (#28) (#27) (#26) (#25) (#24) (#23) (#22) (#21) (#20) (#19) (#18)
(#17) (#16) (#15) (#14) (#13) (#12) (#11) (#10) (#9) (#8) (#7) (#6) (#5) (#4) (#3) (#2) (#1)
2012 Event to Take Place at a Punchy Beachbreak on Margarita Island
ISA World Bodyboard Championship
November 24 to December 2, 2012
Margarita Island, Venezuela
After the success of last year's ISA World Bodyboard Championship held in the Canary Islands, Venezuela applied and has been selected to host the 2012 edition of the event. It will take place From November 24 to December 2, 2012 at Playa Parguito on Margarita Island. Due to their enthusiasm for the event and the desire to grow the beach culture in the country, the Federation also requested to host the 2013 edition, as well, which was approved by the ISA.
As ISA President Fernando Aguerre likes to say, there's a before and after to ISA events. This idea applies to both the host country and the organization that works "For a Better Surfing Future." Empirical expansion of surfing isn't the intention. Surfing, as it has proven over decades of existence, has the ability to bring people and countries and cultures together. It has transformative powers. Through the ISA, surfing brings dozens of nations and hundreds of athletes together multiple times a year to compete and connect and continue to spread the spirit of Aloha.
ISA 2012 Coaching and Instructing Course Schedule
2012 Judging and Officiating Courses Program
- Surfing Australia Opens World’s First Surfing Specific Training Centre
- Surfing Australia Releases Documentary A Two Wave Total – An Inside Look Behind
- Surfing Australia News – Winter 2012 Edition
- Justin Holland Brings The Froth For Surfing Australia SUP Camp
- Silver To Budgewoi's Sandra English As TravelSIM Team Australia Finishes Third At ISA World Masters Surfing Championship
- Japan Places 8th at the ISA World Masters Surfing Championship 2012
- 47th All Japan Surfing Championship 2012
- Lasch dominates the 2012 Polar Bear
- Upcoming Events
- Important Happenings
- Sponsors Relationship
- Sport New Zealand Sport Forum
- New Surfing South Africa Board of Directors elected at Annual General Meeting
- Border Takes the South African Masters Cup Title for the Sixth Year in a Row
- Fergal Smith - Surfer Magazine Cover Shot
- Strandhill Surf Festival and Co Sligo Open Results
- EMDeR Gives Scholarships for Eight Argentinean Surfers
- Lucila Gil Wins Copper and Argentina Places 9th
- Felipe Suárez: King of Latin America
- Luchy and Pablo Cosoleto Train in Surfing Australia's HPC
- Salazar, Porras and Ramos: 2012 Colombian Surfing Champions
- Colombian Surfers Keeps Working to Have Surfing Recognized by the Government
- RIP Makki Block
- Video of the Month
- Playa Hermosa Will Hold the Tightest Battle for the Title in the History of Costa Rican Surfing
- Copa Quiksilver El Salvador 2012
- Curren, the Legend
- The Salvadorian Surfing Community Followed the Country Performance at the Nicaragua ISA World Masters Surfing Championship
- Impressa Supports Surfing
- International Event Reyes del Verano 2012 – Results
- 4th Tijuana Festival
- National Bodyboarding Games at Puerto Escondido
- Tanner Hendrickson Wins the First Mexican Open
- Mexico Places 15 at the Nicaragua ISA World Masters Surfing Championship
- PacSun USA Surf Team wins Team Silver at the ISA Masters Surfing Championships in Nicaragua
- Save Kirra (again)
- An Invitation
- New Ocean Beach Master Plan
- Board Art Benefit
- Surf Chefs Brisbane
- Look Jesus Pro Am
- On The Rocks in Multiple Languages
- US Junior Leaders Prep School
- Solomon Islands Exploration
- FLUX on Tour
We will know the winners of the 2012 Scholarship in September!
|About the program
The ISA to proud to award academic surf scholarships to U18 junior surfers. The Individual Scholarship Program's main objective is to provide financial support to junior surfers who demonstrate an actual need, in order to facilitate an experience in surfing while encouraging the importance of education.
The money must be used to travel to surf contests, and/or upgrade their surfing equipment and to foster the junior surfer’s education.
Click here for more information
Sunny García won the Gold last month in the Grand Masters division of the Nicaragua ISA World Masters Surfing Championship. He also won the Silver in the Masters division. And lead Hawaiian Team to win its first-ever Masters Team Gold.
It was Sunny's debut in an ISA event and he definitely enjoyed it.
García is the ISA Star of this month's edition of the World Surfing News.